Re: error: ora-27101 shared memory realm does not exist

From: Acid <nospam_at_nospam.net>
Date: Sun, 15 Apr 2001 01:03:00 GMT

Sorry to sound stupid, kind of new to oracle, but when you say enter / as Sysdba, that doesn't make sense.

I can enter a user/pass_at_oracleserve name, then when I press enter to move on, it gives the error:

ORA-01034: Oracle not available
ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist

Then, it just gives me the prompt back for username/pass/host string box to login.

I can't get to the sqlplus> to do a startup

Thanks,
Keith