RH 7.0 and Oracle 8.1.7

From: Kevin Lam <kevinlamhkg_at_hongkong.com>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 18:45:02 +0800

Dear all,

I have problem in creating database. whenever I set ORACLE_SID and use svrmgr, it prompt me with end-of-file connection. The same appears if I use the script created by installer!

I also want to know how to change the shared memory by NOT compiling the kernel? Is it to change the value in /proc/sys/kernel/shmmax? Is the value in bytes or bits?

I really can't move a step! Thanks!

Kevin Received on Fri Apr 13 2001 - 05:45:02 CDT