Oracle8, Perl, and query question

From: <mwilson_at_symantec.com>
Date: 13 Apr 2001 15:02:59 -0400

Hello,
I'm helping a co-worker get some legacy cgi scripts written in Perl migrated from MySQL to Oracle8. We used to be able to get the number of rows returned from a query back as the return value when executing a statement handle. Now that we're using Oracle, the value returned is 0E0, $sth->rows returns 0 as well. I've looked and looked and have yet to find any reference to this 'feature'. Can anyone who is currently using DBI and Oracle let me know what's going on? Is there an easy means of getting the number of rows returned from a query? Thanks in advance!
-Mark Wilson. Received on Fri Apr 13 2001 - 14:02:59 CDT