Re: Help: Snapshot Too Old

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 12:56:05 GMT

On Thu, 12 Apr 2001 15:27:24 GMT,
u518615722_at_spawnkill.ip-mobilphone.net wrote:

>I have to move 100m rows to another table
>use select/insert in PL/SQL. We have 10 rollback
>segments and a huge RBS tablespace, plenty
>room for rollback segment to grow.
>
>At first, we try to commit every 200 rows, and
>we always got the error message snapshot too
>old after about 200,000 rows, we begin to reduce
>the times of commit,commit every 2000, 20,000 and
>200,000 and now 2,000,000 rows. It is still running
>and it takes a long time to know whether it will work
>or not.

This is very strange. You shouldn't be getting the snapshot too old error if you're reading one table and writing another. Regardless of the size of the commit. You sure that no one else is trying to change the source table while you're reading it? That's the only thing I can think of.

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Fri Apr 13 2001 - 07:56:05 CDT