Re: Help:Snapshot too old

From: Daniel Dai <daijy_at_portal.com>
Date: Sat, 14 Apr 2001 12:49:34 +0800

I don't think use "set transaction" helps. Since this is the error caused by "select * from B" statement, and the statement itself does not generate rollback entries. The possible solution should be: 1. decrease the rows involves in the "select * from B" statement. Instead of that statement, try to refine this using some where conditions. 2. increase the size of each rollback segment(increase the max extents, next extent value)
3. create more rollback segment.
The later two are system-wide change, so I think the first one may be the most practical.