Re: Installation of Oracle 8.1.7

From: Andre Weber <WeberAndre_at_t-online.de>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 21:01:52 +0200

Seems that i have nearly the same problem

after installing a clean Win2000 server (as PDC) and Installing Oracle 8.1.7 Relase 3
I created my instance, my users, my tablespaces etc. and so on no problems .. all works
fine.
 (no shutdown until this point!)

But after restarting the computer -- the oracle instance doesn't startup? each client gets the messages
  > ORA-01034: ORACLE not available
  > ORA-27101: shared memory realm does not exist

and the oradim.log contains the Error
  (ORA-12640)
  TNS-12640 Authentication adapter initialization failed ?

Why? durring installation before reboot all works fine?  -> what could i've done?
(traceing of Listener and so broughts no result to me...)  (the tracelog level 10 shows no differences to a normal   Startup of a 8.1.7 on Windows NT 4)

I'am really in trouble,
please Help!!!!!