External Procedures (newbie)

From: Rune F. S. <wideawake_at_ibm.net>
Date: Fri, 13 Apr 2001 02:25:00 +0200

Hello,
I'm trying to call an external C procedure or function from Oracle on a Sun machine. Without much succes.

I have created a dynamic shared library of a C routine and placed it in
"/usr/lib". This library is callable from other C programs.
Then I create an Oracle library for the C library with the
"CREATE LIBRARY mylib AS '/usr/lib/mylib'
this returns succesfully.

But when I try to create the Oracle procedure: CREATE PROCEDURE myProc AS EXTERNAL
EXTERNAL LIBRARY mylib
NAME 'myCProc'
LANGUAGE C; it returns: warning: procedure created with compilation errors.

and if I try to call it by typing in myProc on the SQLPLUS prompt it returns: unknown command

And even if I try to type this in directly from the manual PROCEDURE myProc IS
BEGIN
    SELECT * FROM test
END myProc;

I get an error: "Invalid SQL statement"

Config:
SUN: SunOS 5.7
Oracle: Ver. 8.1.6.0.0

Help!
Thanks Received on Thu Apr 12 2001 - 19:25:00 CDT