Re: Creating Graphs from Oracle Database.

From: andrew_webby at hotmail <spam_at_no.thanks.com>
Date: Thu, 12 Apr 2001 12:07:03 +0100

Creating Graphs from Oracle Database.(converted from HTML to plaintext)...

Anurag

You can use VBA to program Excel to generate the graphs automatically. This could be as simple as recording the keystrokes as you do it once, and then replaying it after (umm... as long as you were to use SYSDATE etc instead of hard-coding the date into the query). It's a simple matter to schedule this in to be done daily etc.

Remember, you can also use VBS under NT4/Win2K to kick off the whole process and drive XL from the command line.

And as you already have all the tools you need, there's no expense other than your time...

"Anurag Minocha" <AMinocha_at_herold.com> wrote in message news:EBBA6D3A81229C42981E3AEA79BF5A4E11127A_at_jshemail.herold.com... Hi,
Right now we use Excel to connect to Oracle and then create the graphs which we store as Images and then finally saved to be displayed on our web site. This whole process is manual and consumes a lot of time and has to be done daily.
Is there any tool which automates this and the graph automatically gets updated on the web site.
Our database is Oracle 8.0.5 and we are using OAS 4.0.8. Please suggest.
Thanks
Anurag
-- Posted from jshemail.herold.com [63.105.8.12] via Mailgate.ORG Server - http://www.Mailgate.ORG Received on Thu Apr 12 2001 - 06:07:03 CDT