Re: ORADIM / SVRMGRL Oracle8i Windows NT4 / PO on W98

From: Daniel A. Morgan <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 23:18:21 -0700

ORADIM is a Windows utility that performs several important functions.

  1. Create Oracle services
  2. Drop Oracle services
  3. Recreate the password file if it becomes corrupted (by dropping and then recreating the services)
  4. Shutting down Oracle services

For the full syntax of the tool just type "oradim" in \Oracle\..\bin. It will display the full syntax for what it can do.

Server Manager (SVRMGRL) is, as has been stated, for managing the instance itself.

Daniel A. Morgan