Re: server won't start: ORA-03113 etc

From: Bastiaan Schaap <bschaap_at_desyde.nl>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 07:50:18 +0200

I agree with Samuel. You probably already checked, but did you check if you didn't make your database too big? I installed Oracle 8.1.6 on Linux one time, and I didn't see that one memory dimm was broken. The result was that I configured the database to fit nicely into 512MB, while I only had 256..... Then your OS will start to do some serious paging/swapping, which caused Oracle to 'disappear', the Oracle processes were just killed in the middle of startup or when running scripts. Like I said, you probably already checked this, I'd just thought I'd share this little experience, since it's easy overlooked...

HTH, Bastiaan

"Consciousness: that annoying time between naps." Received on Wed Apr 11 2001 - 00:50:18 CDT