Re: Exp/Imp from Unix to NT?

From: Neil <npluckne_at_ford.com>
Date: 11 Apr 2001 13:36:52 GMT

Would the same apply in transferring a database from 7.3.4 running under AIX to 8.1.7 running under NT4??
We've a rather large databse to shift over in a month or so's time and I'd rather not enccounter any horrrors in the process :-)

Neil Plucknett
Systems Analyst
Ford Motor Company (UK) Ltd.

"andrew_webby at hotmail" <spam_at_no.thanks.com> wrote in <986981012.2142.0.nnrp-09.c30bdde2_at_news.demon.co.uk>:

>That's your exact problem Joel. It absolutely HAS to be FTP'd in binary
>mode. Even a simple file size after it was transferred in ASCII would
>have shown a fair amount of difference...
>
>"Joel Ehrlich" <jehrlich_at_chorus.net> wrote in message
>> I also have routinely imported 8.0.5-generated dump files using the
>> 8.1.6 import utility. The unrecognizable header problem only arises
>> when the export was run off of a Unix box.
>>
>> Incidentally, the unreadable dump file came to us via CD. I checked
>> with the DBA who ran the export, he has to FTP the export file from
>> the Unix machine to an NT machine before burning the CD. He indicated
>> that he ran that FTP transfer in ASCII mode, but will try again using
>> a binary

 transfer.