Re: Oracle SQLJ

From: Buck Turgidson <jc_va_at_spamisnotcool.hotmail.com>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 23:52:32 GMT

Hi Jonathan. I messed around a little with SQLJ. It seems to me that what you save in more "streamlined" code is lost by the hassle you have to go through to compile and deploy it, what with all the extra classes and property files.

I am not an expert, but a couple people at Oracle told me that Oracle themselves mostly stick to JDBC because you have more control.

Even JDBC doesn't seem as natural to me as PL/SQL in terms of how it coexists with Oracle.