Re: how many user for tnslistener

From: Jim Kennedy <kennedy-family_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 11 Apr 2001 00:27:54 GMT

That' s probably about the limit(mts might help). What happens is that as a user connects the listener spawns a dedicated user process (on nt it is a thread). Once the thread is started and then the listener connects the user to the thread and gets out of the way. (You can see that in that if people are connected you can stop the listener and the currently logged in users will still function just fine - new users won't.) NT has a limit of about 2,000 threads per process so it is an NT limitation. (unless you ran out of memory for the threads.)

Jim

"Michael Wagner" <wagner.m_at_utanet.at> wrote in message news:9avifs$34u$1_at_rohrpostix.uta4you.at...
> Hi !
>
> How many user are possible on a listener. I have connected ~ 2000 User to
> the listener on a oracle 8.1.7 under w2k. At this point i get the erroe
 TNS