Re: Exp/Imp from Unix to NT?

From: Joel Ehrlich <jehrlich_at_chorus.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 10:33:33 -0500

I also have routinely imported 8.0.5-generated dump files using the 8.1.6 import utility. The unrecognizable header problem only arises when the export was run off of a Unix box.

Incidentally, the unreadable dump file came to us via CD. I checked with the DBA who ran the export, he has to FTP the export file from the Unix machine to an NT machine before burning the CD. He indicated that he ran that FTP transfer in ASCII mode, but will try again using a binary transfer. I'll let you know how things work.

    --Joel Ehrlich

--
Joel Ehrlich, Research Associate
NCCD/CRC