Re: MILLION DOLLAR CHALLENGE FROM ORACLE

From: Nuno Souto <nsouto_at_nsw.bigpond.net.au.nospam>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 08:14:03 GMT

On 9 Apr 2001 15:50:27 GMT, CSC <jcheong_at_cooper.com.hk> wrote:

>Is the distributed database cache unique only in Oracle 9i to make it run
>3X faster?

It is only in 9i onwards, AFAIK. The distributed database cache, I mean. What they do inside their OAS before is not my business. I believe there are heaps of other enhancements to 9i as well, not just the cache. From what I've seen, looks like it's gonna be very good. Hope it won't be buggy but then again we can't have it all, can we? ;-)

Cheers
Nuno Souto
nsouto_at_bigpond.net.au.nospam
http://www.users.bigpond.net.au/the_Den/index.html Received on Tue Apr 10 2001 - 03:14:03 CDT