Connecting to Oracle 8.1.6 with Weblogic 5.1

From: Pranav Kumar <kpranav_at_mahindrabt.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 06:16:56 GMT

I'm trying to connect to Oracle 8.1.6 with Weblogic 5.1 using weblogic's JDriver JDBC Type 2 Driver. The problem here is that I keep getting a "Unsastisfied Link Error" for the libweblogicoci8.so. This I found out is because WL 5.1 provides drivers for upto 8.1.5 and if one wishes to connect to 8.1.6 one has to use a 8.1.5 client.

Oracles own drivers are also giving me a "Unsatisfied Link Error" for libocijdbc8.so

Is there some workaround for this -

  1. I wish to use the 8.1.6 Client to connect to Oracle 8.1.6. The 8.1.5 client (mentioned in the documentation for weblogic 5.1) will be as a last resort.
  2. If I can overcome this problem of getting the Unsatisfied Link Error with Oracles own JDBC -OCI driver then again this problem is overcome.
  3. Weblogic 6.0 has support for Oracle 8.1.6. If someone has tried connecting to Oracle 8.1.6 with weblogic 5.1 BUT using the drivers given in weblogic 6.0. I am currently in the process of trying this out so any help here is appreciated.

Regards,

Pranav Kumar Received on Mon Apr 09 2001 - 01:16:56 CDT