Re: Oracle Security Question

From: Marek Zyskowski <marek_zyskowski_at_videotron.ca>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 21:33:57 -0700

The Connection Manager is a good bet. I used it before and it works well. You can specify the ip addresses of machines that can connect. Be careful though if the client fails to connect via connection manager I think it cascades though and will try to connect directly to the server. You need to do something to force the client to only be able to connect to the connection manager and not directly to the server. This will probably involve some networking stuff (routers subnets blah. blah...)

--
Marek Zyskowski
marekz_at_videotron.ca