Re: Joins in the from clause?

From: KnighThing <KnighThing_at_netins.net>
Date: 9 Apr 2001 23:12:15 GMT

Ok, here's something that's bothering me, if "ANSI" style is in the FROM clause and "ANSI" inherently implies it's the standard: Then why is MS SQL Server the only database I've seen that supports it?

Oracle, doesn't, and my brief experience with Sybase showed it didn't either (though I could easily be wrong).

The whole reason I took the time to learn joins in the FROM clause is becuase it was the ANSI standard, but what good is a standard that no one follows? :-( Now that I"ve learned it (and like it) I won't be able to use it when I switch jobs and start using Oracle.

What does Informix use? Am I wrong about Sybase? Any other "major" database vendors I didn't support it?