RH7 8i installation and system impact?

From: Gary Huntress <ghuntress_at_mediaone.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 04:11:27 GMT

I am contemplating installing Oracle 8.0.5 on a linux system for evaluation. At the moment I don't have an additional box to spare and that would mean putting it on a RH7 box currently (happily) configured with apache/php, mysql and postgresql. By this I mean it appears to be nicely stable and I'd rather not muck it up and need to rebuild it.

I'd like opinions regarding the stability of the 8.0.5 installation on a RH7 box, particularly with regard to the glibc patch (I'm not sure I understand how that will affect other applications). How is the documentation? How easy is it to remove Oracle if I decide I don't like it or that its impacting other apps?

--
Regards,
Gary "SuperID" Huntress