Is the export file of Oracle 8.1.6 portable between Unix/Linux platform?

From: Huy Vu <huyv_at_usa.net>
Date: Tue, 10 Apr 2001 04:42:03 GMT

Hi all,

We have Oracle 8.1.6 database server on Unixware 7.1.1. We want to export one schema of this database and bring this export file to import to other Oracle 8.1.6 databases on different Unix/Linux plaforms as Sun Solaris 7 Sparc/Intel, AIX 4.3, HP-UX 10.20, SCO OpenServer 5, RedHat 7....

I think that is the quick way to bring the data across of other databases on different Unix platforms but I'm not sure the export file from UnixWare can import to other databases on other Unix platforms.

Is the export file of Oracle 8.1.6 portable between Unix/Linux platform?

The alternative of this solution is using sqlldr with control files and unload files from Informix export files.

Which solution is more portable?

Thanks in advance for any advise.

DH. Received on Mon Apr 09 2001 - 23:42:03 CDT