Re: Oracle datafiles on NFS mounts

From: Alan Patil <alan_patil_at_msn.com>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 17:26:43 +0100

While that is general advice, it does NOT apply to Netapps Filers.

NetApps Filers have been certified by Oracle and people out there are using them for just such a purpose. Also the performance of the filers is very good indeed in benchmarks such as specsfs (not necessarily the fastest but a damn sight cheaper). Wether it is as good for Oracle databases is another question, the best bet would be to speak to Netapps and get to visit some of their sites which are using it with Oracle so you can verify if they have any problems and what kind of performance it offers. If they look OK I would go for them as they offer a number of unique advantages over other storage options.

Alan.