Re: What is against autoextending datafiles? (was: autoextend = ???

From: Kerry Scott <kerrysco_at_ameritech.net>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 18:26:41 -0400

Howard, most would rather not find a 100% full filesystem as the error condition. Rather, they would like to limit growth to a known and reasonable volume. If a DBA is aware of the expected volume of data, as he should, and is monitoring growth, as he should, then there should be no issue. Kind of like load limits on a bridge. You wouldn't allow a fleet of trucks to park on it until it collapses.

Just my two cents.