Re: oracle8i on Linux 6.2!!

From: mo <mo_at_owls.scum.org>
Date: Mon, 9 Apr 2001 02:28:37 +0200

I started som scripts to create my database so svrmgrl is started!! I heard a lot about that glibc patch but it's only if you try it on redhat 7.0 then you need
compat-glibc 2.1.3.x
are you sure about that??
another problem when I try tnsping

I got this message :TNS-03505 Failed to resolve name how can het happen if the listener is running???

thanks.

"Bart Sexton" <bsexton_at_carolina.rr.com> wrote in message news:3AD0EBE1.2C1AA048_at_carolina.rr.com...
> "news.austarnet.com.au" wrote:
>
> > Make sure ORACLE_SID is set.
> >
> > Cheers.
> >
> > "mo" <mo_at_owls.scum.org> wrote in message
> > > hi folks!!
> > >
> > > I just installed an oracle8i on redhat 6.2 ( it tooks a couple of days
 !!)
> > > After creating the database manually I started the listener with
 lsnrctl
 en