Re: Oracle SQLPLUS Question.

From: Steve Long <steven.long_at_erols.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 16:20:17 -0400

try this:

find / -name init*.ora -print 2>&1 | grep -v denied

if you are logged in as root, you can skip everything starting a 2> to the end and just run the find command starting at /.

every oracle instance requires an initialization file, usually called initSID.ora where SID is a unique identifier of the instance. you can also check for a file named oratab, usually /etc/oratab and see what is in there, as well as looking in dbstart and dbshut.

the ps -ef only works if the database is running.