Re: oracle doesnt start

From: ed zappulla <zappullae_at_rcn.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 10:25:50 -0400

one question - why not use an init<SID>.ora file and start the db with sql*plus?

Hi Paul, I want the db to start when the machine boots. I have it installed in other places and it works fine. Don't know why it doesn't start now. Will the patch definitly fix this? What was the problem?

"Paul Drake" <paled_at_home.com> wrote in message news:3AD00115.C38765B8_at_home.com...
> ed zappulla wrote:
> >
> > ugh! i have a new install of oracle. 8.1.6/win2k. the
 OracleServiceOracle
> > does not start when the machine reboots. If I use db admin to start it
> > get an error "error processing initialzation parameters". If i browse
 for a
> > def_init.ora file then it starts. I deleted the data base using the db
> > config assistant and created a new one. it starts during the install.
 when