Orapwd, won't set password

From: Rexbone <rexbone_at_talk21.com>
Date: Sun, 8 Apr 2001 22:56:43 +0100

Am trying to set the password for internal and sys and did this using the orapwd command as follows
orapwd file=d:\<my_oracle_home>\database password=mypwd then i created my database, no problem. But when i try to login as sys with the new password i get...

SVRMGR> connect sys/mypwd
ORA-01017: invalid username/password; logon denied

I have then closed down the database, deleted the password file and recreated as above and restarted the database. I have checked the following....
remote_login_passwordfile = exclusive
ora_sid_pwfile and ora_pwfile are not set in my registry

What could the problem be as it seemed to be such a simple operation, i do not want to use oradim for now as the above should work? I am running a local database ver8.1.5. Have also noticed that when you log in as internal you can type anything in for the password and it is accepted e.g. connect internal/make_it_up and it works! I don't get it.

Thanks
Rex Received on Sun Apr 08 2001 - 16:56:43 CDT