Re: Oracle pegging CPU, unable to log in

From: squatters <vze26hpj_at_verizon.net>
Date: Sat, 07 Apr 2001 18:39:58 GMT

well, i'm no dba - but 1242 says:

ORA-01242 data file suffered media failure: database in NOARCHIVELOG mode Cause: The database is in NOARCHIVELOG mode and a database file was detected as inaccessible due to media failure.

Action: Restore accessibility to the file mentioned in the error stack and restart the instance.

My guess: restore the datafile in question, possibly the whole db. and i'm guessing you are no in archivelog mode (as per the errormessge) and will not have to roll the db forward in recovery.