Re: sort_area_size

From: Ricky Sanchez <rsanchez_at_more.net>
Date: Sun, 08 Apr 2001 01:06:40 GMT

Sybrand-

People here claim you are arrogant? I wonder why that is? Is there some history one ought to know about?

Look, Sybrand, I don't care to get into a pissing match with you or anyone else here. I just get sick and tired of seeing mindless posts, presumably just to get your name on the screen. You probably have some good experience to offer people in this group, but you don't really serve it up, do you?

Look at the reply you wrote on this thread. You said something about bstat/estat sorts in memory versus disk, but didn't tell us what it means or what to do about it. Is there some ratio to be considered? Some method for discovery? Some action to take? Then you sum it all up by saying, in effect, "Set it to 1 meg and forget about it". You gave us an answer, but offered no knowledge, no reason. Shame on you.

You might as well have said nothing. And there have been other threads in which you have offered advice that is downright dangerous. People see your name and read your confident words and naturally assume that an unchallenged assertion is a valid one.

Well, apparently a direct challenge hurts Sybrand's pride. Tough.

So, if you want to post, fine. No need to pout and withdraw from the newsgroup. Just offer intelligent, reasoned advice when you can actually add value, and sit back and lurk when you cannot.

And, keep the emotions to yourself, please.