oracle doesnt start

From: ed zappulla <zappullae_at_rcn.com>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 13:05:51 -0400

ugh! i have a new install of oracle. 8.1.6/win2k. the OracleServiceOracle does not start when the machine reboots. If I use db admin to start it I get an error "error processing initialzation parameters". If i browse for a def_init.ora file then it starts. I deleted the data base using the db config assistant and created a new one. it starts during the install. when I reboot. Bam! no start.

Any ideas? Received on Fri Apr 06 2001 - 12:05:51 CDT