Re: Technet downloads and consultant development

From: Frank van Bortel <fbortel_at_home.nl>
Date: Fri, 06 Apr 2001 18:57:52 GMT

Niall Litchfield wrote:

> The technet license says
>
> The Programs may be installed only on one computer and used by one person.

As long as you do it all by yourself... This effectively excludes firms, larger than one person.
> Customers may not use the Programs in connection with any classroom
> activity,

He's developing, not giving courses.
> internal data processing operations,

He's not running a datacenter, but developing
> or any other commercial or

Not (re-)selling it, either.

> production use purposes.

Guess that means you cannot develop using Designer. That's what the tool was meant for... development. But I wouldn't make a fuzz about it.

> IANAL but I'd say No way mate.

If you're in all categories, I'd say, go ahead. And I've alwyas told that while working for Oracle. But I only was there about 4 years, which may not be enough. Still learning Oracle... every day

--
Gtrz,

Frank van Bortel