Re: Redo log & RAID

From: Norman Dunbar <ndunbar_at_lynxfinancialsystems.co.uk>
Date: Fri, 6 Apr 2001 13:21:05 +0100

I haven't tried this yet (I feel a test coming on) but what happens if HW mirroring is in use and someone (say the trainee DBA) decided to delete one of the mirrored redo files ?
The other mirror gets deleted as well and we have no redo files anymore. With Oracle mirroring, this can't/won't happen so it should be much safer.

Having said that, I'm sure to be told that it is not possible to delete a redo file while the system is running - HOWARD ?

We use Oracle Mirroring and have so far, never lost a redo file, nor had one corrupted - watch this space (FLW)

Regards,
Norman.

Norman Dunbar		EMail:	NDunbar_at_LynxFinancialSystems.co.uk
Database/Unix administrator	Phone:	0113 289 6265
Lynx Financial Systems Ltd.	Fax:	0113 201 7265
			URL:	http://www.LynxFinancialSystems.com