Re: help with Analyze!!

From: Glen A Stromquist <stromqgl_at_alpac.ca>
Date: Thu, 05 Apr 2001 17:52:49 GMT

"Sybrand Bakker" <postbus_at_sybrandb.demon.nl> wrote in message news:tcp71qmaj2ku3f_at_beta-news.demon.nl...

> "Glen A Stromquist" <stromqgl_at_alpac.ca> wrote in message
> > I wrote a script to delete statistics, then do an analyze compute
 statistics
> > on all of the tables in a schema. The anaylze failed on one table
 because
> > the temp tablepace filled up.
> >
> > Performance is now so dismal the application is almost unusable, should
> > delete all of the stats from the analyze? I have to see if there is room
> > increase the temp tablepace so the analyze will run on the one table it
> > failed on.
> >

> > thanks in advance
> >

> Why don't you just use
> begin
> dbms_utility.analyze_schema(<SCHEMANAME>,'COMPUTE'|'DELETE');
> end;
> /
>
> Hth,
>
> Sybrand Bakker, Oracle DBA

I ran that the first time it failed, then built a dynamic script to analyze one table at a time to see where it failed.

My problem now is the performance, should I delete the existing stats on the assumption that they are what is dragging the performance down so heavily? Received on Thu Apr 05 2001 - 12:52:49 CDT