Re: Import of an Oracle 8.0 DB. to a new server

From: frank.sara <frank.sara_at_infonie.fr>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 21:19:55 +0200

You can use export-import fulll database but, the fastest thing to do is to stop the database and copy the datafiles, control files, redo log files and init files in the same repertory on the new machine after installing all the oracle binairies.

To change the destination of the arc files, change the ARCHIVE_LOG_DESTINATION or ARCHIVE_LOG_DEST1 parameter in your initSID.ora file.