Re: Technet downloads and consultant development

From: Galen Boyer <galenboyer_at_yahoo.com>
Date: 4 Apr 2001 17:28:03 -0500

On Fri, 30 Mar 2001, niall.litchfield_at_dial.pipex.com wrote:

> The technet license says
>
> The Programs may be installed only on one computer and used by
> one person. Customers may not use the Programs in connection
> with any classroom activity, internal data processing
> operations, or any other commercial or production use purposes.
>

> IANAL but I'd say No way mate.

I just got off the phone with our Oracle rep and he said that development against downloads is fine as long as when it is delivered, the final user of the DB pays for it.

Hm... He has been there a short time. I wonder if he knew what he was talking about?

--
I don't want to be the rock.  Yeah, okay, what do you want to be?
I want to be the piece of glass.