Re: High Redo Copy Contention

From: Jonathan Lewis <jonathan_at_jlcomp.demon.co.uk>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 21:09:48 +0100

Quote:

    My doctor told me that the ratio of fat in     my diet was too high - but I fixed it by     drinking two pints of coca-cola with every     meal.

end-quote.

Look at the actual numbers of redo copy latch gets and misses (as opposed to immediate gets and misses). There will be hardly any. Redo Copy Latch misses are expected, and unless you have a truly bizarre problem can be ignored.

--
Jonathan Lewis

Practical Oracle 8i:  Building Efficient Databases
Publishers:  Addison-Wesley

Reviews at: http://www.jlcomp.demon.co.uk/book_rev.html