Re: Pro's & Con's on Oracle & SQL Svr?

From: BP Margolin <bpmargo_at_attglobal.net>
Date: Tue, 3 Apr 2001 19:27:21 -0400

Daniel,

What the hell does the size of a company have to do with the capabilities of a database? According to your cockamamie definition, if a company with more than 50,000 employees is using Access, then Access is an enterprise level database.

Enterprise level databases are defined by their capabilities ... not by the number of employees in a company.

BP Margolin
Please reply only to the newsgroups.
When posting, inclusion of SQL (CREATE TABLE ..., INSERT ..., etc.) which can be cut and pasted into Query Analyzer is appreciated.

"Daniel A. Morgan" <dmorgan_at_exesolutions.com> wrote in message news:3ACA4787.AC16D159_at_exesolutions.com...
> I think you've hit the nail squarely on its head. What some of us call
 Enterprise
> is a company with more than 50,000 employees.
>
> Anyone that thinks that an enterprise database can be run on a PC is
 describing
> something I would call a glorified hot-dog stand.
>
> Daniel A. Morgan
>

> Tuomas Hosia wrote:
>
> > "BP Margolin" <bpmargo_at_attglobal.net> wrote:
> >
> > >Bottom line, as I stated originally: both Oracle and SQL Server are
> > >excellent products, and both are enterprise level databases.
 Preferences for