Re: Pro's & Con's on Oracle & SQL Svr?

From: Mark Townsend <markbtownsend_at_home.com>
Date: Wed, 04 Apr 2001 03:39:51 GMT

in article 3ac9ef25_2_at_news3.prserv.net, BP Margolin at bpmargo_at_attglobal.net wrote on 4/3/01 8:48 AM:

> Tuomas,
>

>> Or your definition of 'enterprise' is a company with 100 people.

> Yup, we all know that both Dell.com and BarnesandNoble.com, both of which
> use SQL Server to service their Web Sites, are companies with only 100
> people.

The online transaction rate for both would be about the same as 100 concurrent users banging away at order entry. Anybody want to bet what their respective fufilment systems are running on ?

Dell is currently advertising for 6 positions with Oracle experience, all in internal system support. There are no SQL Server positions being advertised that I could find - who is looking after Dell.com ?

http://ausoladbpjap4.us.dell.com/careers/app/default.asp