Re: Questions about cloning an instance

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Wed, 4 Apr 2001 07:00:50 +1000

Db_name has no relationship the Instance Name (though it must match the database name as stored in the Control File).

However, that ceases to be true if you use the automatic registration of the Instance with the Listener feature (new in 8i, and handy for MTS).

There are also issues on NT, where you have a named Service supporting the Instance

Otherwise, there's no restriction on Solaris, for one.

Regards