Discoverer and OAS9i

From: Darren <dgouin_at_gds.ca>
Date: Tue, 03 Apr 2001 19:36:32 GMT

Hi,

We have installed the Oracle 8.1.7 database, Oracle Application Server 9i, and Discoverer 3.1 Administration Edition all on the same machine. Consequently, we now have three oracle homes. I noticed that Discoverer 3.1 only supports one oracle home but it still let us install it without a problem.
Two out of the three SQL*Plus sessions do not work (ie.cannot connect to the local database). The one that works is the SQL*Plus in the database oracle home.
We cannot connect to the database through the Discoverer Administration Login Window either.

Is Discoverer 3.1 the version we want with OAS9i? Is it a requirement to run Discoverer Viewer? Is Discoverer Plus a component of OAS9i or is it something we have to install seperately? In what order should the database, application server, and discover admin edition be installed? Does it matter? How can we configure the tools to connect to the database. We have used Net8Configuration Assistant but there are now several versions of this on the machine due to the multiple products.

Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks, Received on Tue Apr 03 2001 - 14:36:32 CDT