Installing Oracle 8.1.7 on Linux

From: Wouter Verhelst <wouter_at_rock.dezevensprong.local>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 16:01:04 GMT

I had 8.1.6 on my system until I could not find the right JDBC-drivers for my JDK, but then I discovered that 8.1.7 already had them.

So I downloaded the file "linux81701.tar" and tried to upgrade my installation.

However, I got an error somewhere halfway (I don't remember which one), so I aborted the installation, with the intention to restart. When I then did that, the installer no longer wanted to run, giving a segfault on every try. It's been some weeks now, I removed every reference to Oracle on my system that I could find, but still no luck. Could anyone help me out?

The output of the installer can be found at http://users.pandora.be/wouter.verhelst/output

(it's not really much, but quite usenet-unfriendly ;-)

--
wouter dot verhelst at advalvas in belgium

#ifdef NOT_A_GODDAMN_YANK
{ 0x10, "Minimise Delay" },
#else
{ 0x10, "Minimize Delay" },