Re: Slow Database on Sun E450?

From: Andrew Mobbs <andrewm_at_chiark.greenend.org.uk>
Date: 02 Apr 2001 11:10:05 +0100 (BST)

Tiger Woods <clintonn_at_meb.co.za> wrote:
>Hi.
>
>Just curious to know if anyone out there has had any performance problems
>
>with Oracle on a Sun E450 server before?
>
>Our database is a dog at the moment compared to the same spec database
>
>running on a Sun Ultra 10.
>
>I am running an Oracle 8.1.7 database (Enterprise Edition) without any
>installed patches.
>
>Any info would be appreciated.

Our E450s run fine.

You've got 10 times as much RAM in the Ultra 10?

You've put a single 250MHz USII in the E450 and a 440MHz USII in the Ultra 10?

You've got a single 5400 rpm disk on the E450 and a multi-hundred spindle caching RAID on the Ultra 10?

Or possibly the databases are configured differently?

Any info would make it easier to help you.

--
Andrew Mobbs - http://www.chiark.greenend.org.uk/~andrewm/