Re: varchar

From: Bastiaan Schaap <bschaap_at_desyde.nl>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 13:18:35 +0200

oops... forgot: You want to use this field for a guestbook. I'm an Oracle Webdeveloper, and we always use CLOB datatype for this kind of information. The CLOB can theoretically hold up to 2GB of data, so that should be more than enough to fit you needs... In order to display this field, you kan parse through the column by using dbms_lob functionality. A simple loop with dbms_lob.read should suffice... I don't know if you're using an OAS or PHP. If you work with PHP I should stick with the varchar2, or make a simple stored procedure that you execute in your script at the place where the data has to be...

Hope this helps,

--
Bastiaan Schaap
Desyde BV

"Ever stop to think, and forget to start again?"