Re: Questions about machine

From: Niall Litchfield <n-litchfield_at_audit-commission.gov.uk>
Date: Mon, 2 Apr 2001 11:10:32 +0100

you have by my calculations an sga of (roughly)

8k* 35937 = 280MB (buffer cache)
20MB java pool
50MB shared pool.

i.e. 350MB.

I'd suspect that you could reduce the java pool size to 1mb and the db_block_buffers parameter to say 15000

this would give you an SGA of approx 1/3rd physical ram(If my maths are wrong someone will no doubt correct me). I would try this and then see where you need to go with your tuning.

regards

--
Niall Litchfield
Oracle DBA

"Martin Kleinman" <mkleinman-nospam-_at_desyde.nl> wrote in message

> [...]
> # estimates for computer memory availability. You should adjust values
> upward
> # for modern machines.
> #

> ###
>
> db_name = "FLITS"
>
> instance_name = FLITS
>
> service_names = FLITS
>
> db_files = 1024
>
> control_files = ("D:\oradata\FLITS\ctl_FLITS_01.ctl",
> "D:\oradata\FLITS\ctl_FLITS_02.ctl", "D:\oradata\FLITS\ctl_FLITS_03.ctl")
>
> open_cursors = 300
> max_enabled_roles = 30
> db_file_multiblock_read_count = 8
>
> db_block_buffers = 35937
>
> shared_pool_size = 52428800
>
> large_pool_size = 11796480
> java_pool_size = 20971520
>
> log_checkpoint_interval = 10000
> log_checkpoint_timeout = 1800
>
> processes = 150
>
> parallel_max_servers = 5
>
> log_buffer = 32768
>
> #audit_trail = true # if you want auditing
> #timed_statistics = true # if you want timed statistics
> max_dump_file_size = 10240 # limit trace file size to 5M each
>
> # Uncommenting the line below will cause automatic archiving if archiving
> has
> # been enabled using ALTER DATABASE ARCHIVELOG.
> # log_archive_start = true
> # log_archive_dest_1 = "location=D:\OraHome81\oradata\FLITS\archive"
> # log_archive_format = %%ORACLE_SID%%T%TS%S.ARC
>
> # If using private rollback segments, place lines of the following
> # form in each of your instance-specific init.ora files:
> #rollback_segments = ( RBS0, RBS1, RBS2 )
>
> # Global Naming -- enforce that a dblink has same name as the db it
connects
> global_names = true
>
> # Uncomment the following line if you wish to enable the Oracle Trace
> product
> # to trace server activity. This enables scheduling of server collections
> # from the Oracle Enterprise Manager Console.
> # Also, if the oracle_trace_collection_name parameter is non-null,
> # every session will write to the named collection, as well as enabling
you
> # to schedule future collections from the console.
> # oracle_trace_enable = true
>
> oracle_trace_collection_name = ""
> # define directories to store trace and alert files
> background_dump_dest = D:\admin\FLITS\bdump
> #Uncomment this parameter to enable resource management for your database.
> #The SYSTEM_PLAN is provided by default with the database.
> #Change the plan name if you have created your own resource plan.#
> resource_manager_plan = system_plan
> user_dump_dest = D:\admin\FLITS\udump
>
> db_block_size = 8192
>
> remote_login_passwordfile = exclusive
>
> os_authent_prefix = ""
>
> distributed_transactions = 500
> mts_dispatchers = "(PROTOCOL=TCP)(PRE=oracle.aurora.server.SGiopServer)"
> # Uncomment the following line when your listener is configured for SSL
"(PROTOCOL=TCPS)(PRE=oracle.aurora.server.SGiopServer)"