Re: Help Me With a Simple PL/SQL Request Please !!

From: wayne <no_at_email.please.com>
Date: 01 Apr 2001 16:21:33 GMT

Tried this?:

select * from member_contact where (last_name='SMITH');

if the records are stored in mixed case try this:

select * from member_contact where (upper(last_name)='SMITH');

the first statement is more efficient that the second because the first can take advantage of an index, the second cannot, but more on that later...