SQL Server 7 vs Oracle regarding IDENTITY

From: Moshe Solomon <moshe_at_impactinfosys.com>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 16:00:13 -0400

I'm very familiar with SQL Server 7. How do I duplicate the IDENTITY concept to Oracle. I know there is something called ROWID, but I'm unsure how this works. Do I need to create a field specifically for the row id as I would in SQL Server, or does each row in a table in Oracle have this attribute automatically. Can I reference this ROWID in my procedures? I'm very new to Oracle, so please be patient.

Regards,
MS Received on Sun Apr 01 2001 - 15:00:13 CDT