Re: Oracle and Win2000??

From: Paul Drake <paled_at_home.com>
Date: Mon, 02 Apr 2001 03:35:35 GMT

Eric,

You will find a larger number of block sizes available when formatting NTFS partitions under W2K.
I like to use a block size of 8192 bytes for partitions that will contain datafiles.
The db_block_size that I used is 8192.

As NT/W2K use an I/O size of 64 KB - set your db_file_multiblock_read_count = 8.
Same for hash_multiblock_io_count and sort_multiblock_read_count.

hth,

Paul

P.S. I do not cross-post.