Help !!!! Access front end to Oracle 8i

From: David Doyle <mr_d_at_lineone.net>
Date: Sun, 1 Apr 2001 21:39:41 +0100

Do any of you Oracle egg heads know whether it is possible to store Access OLE _objects
within an Oracle database ?

I have started to look at an Access database, and would like to move the underlying tables into Oracle 8i. Access is able to talk to Oracle through ODBC without problems for most of the fields, but there is an exception - OLE_Object data type - this is used to store graphical images in Access. I have tried using "Long Raw" and "BLOB" data types in Oracle, but cannot seem to make Access recognise the field.

Have you ever seen this problem before ? Please drop me a line - even if only to say "Its Impossible".

Regards,

David. Received on Sun Apr 01 2001 - 15:39:41 CDT