ORACLE data block corrupted

From: Dino Hsu <dino1_at_ms1.hinet.net>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 03:35:09 -0700

Dear all,

I encountered a problem when I try to start up in Server Manager: SVRMGR> startup pfile=d:\twdm\ctlfile\inittwdm.ora ORACLE instance started.

Total System Global Area                         93952944 bytes
Fixed Size                                          52144 bytes
Variable Size                                    26714112 bytes
Database Buffers                                 67108864 bytes
Redo Buffers                                        77824 bytes
Database mounted.
ORA-00604: error occurred at recursive SQL level 1
ORA-01578: ORACLE data block corrupted (file # 2, block # 615)
ORA-01110: data file 2: 'D:\TWDM\DATFILE\RBS1TWDM.ORA'
SVRMGR> However, the database can be started up if I add 3 lines and mark out the rollback segment in the parameter file: #rollback_segments = ( rb1, rb2, rb3, rb4, rb5 )
_allow_resetlogs_corruption=true
_corrupted_rollback_segments=( rb1, rb2, rb3, rb4, rb5 )
_offline_rollback_segments=( rb1, rb2, rb3, rb4, rb5 )

Can anyone explain this to me? Thanks in advance.

The problem happens after I re-installed Windows NT, and ORACLE EE 8.0.6, but I switched the D: drive and E: drive inadvertently.The database was on E: drive and ORACLE on D: drive before the re-installation, and became the reverse after it. To get it back working, I try CREATE CONTROLFILE and RECOVER DATABASE kind of stuffs.

BTW, the database is still in 8.0.5 format, maybe I should run some scripts to upgrade it to 8.0.6.

Regards,
Dino Received on Sat Mar 31 2001 - 04:35:09 CST