Questions about machine

From: Martin Kleinman <mkleinman-spm_at_desyde.nl>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 12:04:07 +0200

I've got the following machine and software.

Pentium 400
384 MB memory
WIN NT 4.0 with SP 5.0.

Oracle 8.1.7 Database
Oas 4.0.8.1 webserver

The system is running stable but slow..

When the database is started the system is already using 450MB memory and after starting up OAS it uses the whopping amount of 550MB!

And the database installation is MINIMAL (SGA size about 60mb). The Oracle process is only using 90mb when I check it on the processes tab.

The questions I've got :

Will an upgrade to 512MB memory solve my problems?

Thanks in advance

Martin Kleinman,
webdeveloper (Yes I'm a Oracle webdeveloper, not a Ora DBA ;]] therefore the questions ;]]]]]]]]]]]]] ) Received on Sat Mar 31 2001 - 04:04:07 CST