Re: concurrent users on objects

From: Howard J. Rogers <howardjr_at_www.com>
Date: Sat, 31 Mar 2001 16:28:44 +1000

concurrent users on objects1. Don't post in HTML (lots of readers out there can't cope)
2. Before creating extra freelists (which can't be done dynamically, so you're talking major reorganisation work), shouldn't you check whether the lack of them is actually causing free list block contention? 3. So what you want to do is to check whether you are getting buffer busy waits first, then you use a variety of views to determine whether the buffers being waited on are the first block of the segment. If they are not, then it's not a free list issue.

Regards
HJR ""Li, Xiangli"" <Xiangli.Li_at_aig.com> wrote in message news:232C8E61DAB1D4119C5500902754B64B0EB71D_at_xwilmbx03.aig.com... Hello,
I have some tables which are heavily accessed, I want to make sure there are enough freelists for them. I heard there is a way, I can dump data block from those tables. But could you tell me how to do it in detail and what data block I should dump?
Thanks in advance. Received on Sat Mar 31 2001 - 00:28:44 CST